This time I’ll be travelling for almost 3 weeks, means I have more clothing’s to pack and I’ll be moving from 1 location to another location by train+air bus.
The troubles mostly occur when changing locations, as each flight and trains that I’m taking have set a different baggage policies, so I need to ensure that my luggage would not exceed my baggage limit. Hence, it becomes a major operation for me.
Some people say, packing should be quick and easy. Unfortunately, a well-organized packing is not that simple but with the right planning can save you from stress and enjoy your trip even more.
I have list down a few packing tips to streamline your packing and prevent some troubles on your upcoming trip.
- Pack your things according to your baggage allowance. If possible, consider to purchase light luggage.
- Pack ahead, start your packing process days or even weeks ahead of your departure date to ensure that you won’t miss anything to bring.
- Roll Everything, this will give you more space rather than folding it. This will work for soft fabric and denim which less likely to wrinkle.
- Pack more tops than bottoms.
- Pack a pair of jeans that you can reuse.
- Choose the garments that can be mixed and matched. I always choose a neutral colors garments like brown, grey, black or white whenever I travel. These colors are easy to match with, so we don’t need to pack more.
- Bring layers rather and leave bulky sweaters. Choose the thin cardigans or jacket that you can restyle instead.
- Keep a few and very light nighties for sleeping as you still can re-use it for few days.
- When packing a pair of shoes, choose the flat one or which can go along with any of your clothes. You might need to consider a sneakers which also a statement pieces on and off the street.
- Leave your hair dryer at home and use the one at the hotel. We can actually call ahead (or check online) to confirm whether there’ll be a hairdryer in the room. If they don’t provide one, get yourself a foldable travel-size hair dryer.
- Get a small travel size bottles to decrease toiletry weight for your shampoo, conditioner, toner etc. You won’t need a full-size bottle for a trip.
If possible, you can skip shampoo and conditioner and use the one provided by your accommodation.
- If you can manage, leave your laptop at home and use a tablet instead.
- Wear your heavier pieces when taking flight. This will give your luggage bag more space and lesser weight.
- Fill in your shoes, with your underwear, socks, toiletry items and electronics items to organize and compress.
- Weigh your bag before you fly to ensure you don’t get into trouble at the check in counter.
Hopefully, this was helpful and have given you a few ideas to save you from over packing and prevent some troubles on your upcoming trip.
If you’ve done this post please don’t hesitate to share it below, I would honestly love to read it.
Much love and thanks for reading!